Seniors' Health Centre Visitor Guidelines
Family members may visit their loved ones under the guidance of safety measures put in place to protect the health of residents and staff. Please read the information below carefully:
- As of June 9, 2021, one (1) visitor per resident at a time will be able to visit Seniors’ Health Centre (SHC). This includes indoor visits where a resident's mobility limitations or health condition make outdoor visits highly unlikely. One (1) Essential Caregiver may also be present during each visit.
- Both Essential Caregivers and general visitors must screen for COVID-19 upon arrival and before proceeding with indoor or outdoor visits. Those visiting indoors are required to undergo COVID antigen testing (rapid test) and must test negative for COVID-19 before entering SHC.
- Essential Caregivers and general visitors who are fully vaccinated are not required to wear eye protection (this applies to indoor and outdoor visits).
- Visitors who are partially immunized or not immunized must remain two (2) metres apart from residents. For fully vaccinated visitors and residents, visits may include close physical contact (which includes handholding).
- Essential Caregivers who are fully vaccinated may support residents in the SHC dining area.
- Social and temporary absences, which include absences that are 24 hours or less and those that are two (2) or more days and one (1) or more night for non-medical reasons are now permitted for fully vaccinated residents.
Our updated guidelines have been implemented, in consultation with our Medical Director and Toronto Public Health, to ensure we continue to follow safety practices in our long-term care setting, and to safely reunite residents and loved ones.