North York General Hospital offers two programs for eating disorders: one for adolescents and one for adults.
Child & Adolescent Eating Disorders Program
General Outpatient Program
North York General Hospital's Child & Adolescent Eating Disorders Program provides comprehensive assessment and treatment of eating disorders. We treat children and adolescents up to their 18th birthday with an eating disorder. We offer outpatient treatment, which involves medical monitoring and therapy.
Day Hospital Program
For those requiring more intensive treatment, we offer a Day Hospital Program for 12–17 year old individuals and operates from 8:15 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Day Hospital supports children and adolescents who no longer need 24-hour supervision but require a structured program. The Day Hospital program includes medical, nutritional, and mental health care, as well as an academic component staffed by a Toronto Catholic District School Board teacher.
The Outpatient and Day Hospital programs are located at the Phillips House location.
Adolescent Eating Disorders Program eReferral
10 Buchan Court
North York, Ontario
Adult Eating Disorders Program
North York General Hospital's Adult Eating Disorders program offers:
1. A partial day hospital program for patients diagnosed with bulimia nervosa or anorexia nervosa. Diagnoses of other eating disorders (e.g. ARFID, OSFED) will be assessed and treated on a case by case basis as determined by the treating team. In some cases, an external referral to another eating disorders program may be required.
Hours: 12:00-2:30 Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday
2. A closed 25-week group for individuals with Binge Eating Disorder.
Hours: Wednesday – 10:00-2:00
- Adult Eating Disorders Group Descriptions
- Adult Eating Disorders Online Schedule
- BED Group Info Sheet
- Adult Eating Disorders Resources
Adult Eating Disorders eReferral
-Individuals must be 18 years old or older.
-The Adult ED program does not provide medical monitoring. All patients in the partial day hospital will be required to be followed by their family physician.
North York General Hospital, General site
7th floor, 4001 Leslie Street
Toronto ON M2K 1E1