Ontario hospitals have been instructed to postpone elective surgeries and non-urgent outpatient services in order to ensure critical care and hospital (inpatient) beds and resources are available for the most severely ill patients. Virtual consultations for certain services will be used where possible. We understand that the decision to temporarily reduce non-urgent surgical and some non-urgent ambulatory services is very difficult for patients, families and health care teams.
We are continuously monitoring and evaluating this situation and will provide updates as necessary. Affected patients, physicians and staff have been notified regarding surgeries and will always be notified in advance of appointment changes.
Thank you for your understanding and we will continue to take all efforts to keep patients safe and meet the community’s needs while we respond to this rapidly changing pandemic.
The Surgery Program's professionals provide you with safe, effective, family- and patient-centred care.
Clinics and centres
- Pre-op Assessment Clinic (Pre-Admit)
- Total Joint Assessment Centre (TJAC)
- Gulshan & Pyarali G. Nanji Orthopaedic and Plastics Centre (OPC)
- Cataract High Volume Centre
- BMO Breast Diagnostic Clinic (BDC)
- Gale and Graham Wright Prostate Centre
- Surgical Clinic
- Endoscopy Clinic
- General Surgery — includes vascular, thoracic and cancer surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Ophthalmology — includes glaucoma and ocular oncology surgery
- Oral and Maxillo-Facial Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Otolaryngology, Head and Neck
- Paediatric Dentistry
- Paediatric Surgery
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Department of Anesthesia
The physicians in our Department of Anesthesia are experienced in all surgical specialties.