The Gale and Graham Wright Prostate Centre at North York General Hospital in Toronto provides an environment exclusively for men that supports early access to diagnosis, support and education, and a coordinated approach to treatment planning — all in one location. Our focus is to provide expert, compassionate and state-of-the-art care for men with a suspicion of prostate cancer.
Opened in 2007, the Gale and Graham Wright Prostate Centre is the first centre of its kind within a community hospital to reduce the wait time from referral to a specialist, to the time patients are ready to make an informed decision around treatment options. In the summer of 2020, the Gale and Graham Wright Prostate Centre relocated from the Branson Amublatory Care Centre to the NYGH Minor Surgical Procedures and Elder Care Centre (243 Consumers Road, Suite 300).
In collaboration with the Odette Cancer Centre at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, the Gale and Graham Wright Prostate Centre provides an interdisciplinary approach to diagnosis and treatment based on the latest surgical, radiation, chemotherapy treatments and clinical trials.
The centre enhances knowledge of prostate cancer and treatment options among patients, families, health-care professionals and the public.
The centre provides:
- consultation with physicians (urologist and radiation oncologist) with expertise in prostate cancer
- education and support from experienced nursing staff as well as assistance in navigating the health-care system
- diagnostic expertise of radiologists and Medical Imaging staff
- patient and family education centre
- volunteers from the Prostate Cancer Canada Network, a not-for-profit support group on site during specific clinics
- access to clinical trials
Tuesday 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
Wednesday 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
Thursday 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
North York General Prostate Centre eReferral