In compliance with Regulation 397/11 made under the Green Energy Act, 2009, North York General Hospital (NYGH) is required to make public its annual energy consumption and resulting greenhouse gas production. The first year of required data reporting was 2011. These results can be found in the following documents:
- Energy Consumption and Green House Gas Emissions 2016
- OHA Green Hospital Scorecard 2016
- Energy Consumption and Greenhouse Gas Emissions for 2015
- Energy Consumption and Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reporting for 2014
- NYGH: Energy Management Plan 2014-2018
- Energy Consumption and Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reporting for 2013
- Energy Reporting 2012
- Energy Reporting 2011
At NYGH we believe that healthy patients need a healthy planet, so over the years we have made a serious commitment to decreasing our energy consumption, waste production, and reducing our carbon footprint.
NYGH has been a proud member of the organization Greening Healthcare for the past seven years. Greening Healthcare is the largest program of its kind in North America, helping hospitals work together to lower their energy costs, raise their environmental performance and contribute to the health and well-being of their communities. Members manage data, assess their performance and track savings using a powerful online system. They share knowledge and best practices through workshops, webinars and networking to help plan, implement and verify improvements. This is a program of The Living City managed by Toronto and Region Conservation.