Do you need funding to explore an idea or solution focused on improving patient health care?
The North York General Hospital Exploration Fund could help turn this idea into a reality.
Designed to build on our Academic Foundation, the NYGH Exploration Fund supports staff and physicians as they create and study new and better ways to meet the growing needs of our community. Supported through a partnership between philanthropic supporters, NYGH, and the North York General Foundation, this fund marks an exciting phase in research and innovation at our hospital. All staff and physicians are encouraged to apply, and any application will receive careful consideration.
- Up to $7,500 for Small Grant applications.
- Up to $27,000 for the Sellors Family Research Grant for research in the areas of autoimmune disease, neurology, and quality of life.
Applications will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- How significant is the problem being addressed?
- How effectively does the idea/solution address the identified problem?
- Does the project have clearly defined goals?
- Is it feasible?
Like any research conducted at NYGH, successful applicants will be required to receive (1) approval by the Research Ethics Board and (2) institutional authorization by Research & Innovation (R&I).
The expected outcome is important. It might be a poster presentation, a publication in a peer-reviewed journal and/or another public demonstration of potential impact. For more information, please see the application form.
Please note that the deadline for entries is Monday, November 2, 2020.