Are you 18 years or older? Do you…
- have unmanaged diabetes complications?
- need extra help to manage your health care?
- end up in hospital or at the emergency room a lot?
- manage your diabetes with oral medications, or insulin, or both?
- have trouble getting the health care you need because of other issues; mental illness, cost, poor mobility, or being a senior?
If you answered, “yes” to one or more of the questions above, you should think about asking for a referral to the Centre for Complex Diabetes Care.
North York General Hospital is one of six centres across Ontario that is funded by the Ontario Diabetes Strategy to provide a centre to support those who need complex diabetes care. Our team brings all your diabetes health care providers together in one place and includes a(n):
- Nurse practitioner
- Registered dietitian
- Social worker
- Programs and resources