This group is for new mothers who are experiencing symptoms of postpartum anxiety and/or depression which may include:
- Feeling sad, depressed or anxious
- Feeling more irritable or angry
- Having problems sleeping or eating
- Having a difficult time bonding with your baby
- Having upsetting thoughts, feelings or images
Some of the topics discussed in group focus on feelings of sadness and anxiety, postpartum experiences, mental health and wellness, relationships, guilt and isolation.
This group is for women following delivery and up to one year postpartum. Patients may bring their baby/babies. There is no childcare available during the group.
- Gabriella Carafa, MSW, RSW, Social Worker, Maternal Newborn and Paediatric Program, North York General Hospital
- Kayli Balaban, MD, FRCPC, Staff Psychiatrist, Department of Psychiatry, North York General Hospital
The group meets every Wednesday from 10 - 11:30 a.m. at North York General Hospital.
We accept self-referrals as well as referrals from a healthcare provider or clinician. Please note – patients expressing interest in the group will be contacted by telephone to further discuss their participation.
Feel free to email email@example.com if you have questions or would like to learn more about this group.