At North York General, People-Centred Care is foundational to delivering on our Strategic Plan 2020-2025, Thinking Beyond, and supports each of the Strategic Plan priorities.
Our People-Centred Care Strategy envisions NYGH as a place where People-Centred Care is embraced across the organization and is key to what makes us a recognized leader. Our strategy will also support innovative approaches to co-designing services with patients, care partners and community members to deliver outstanding experiences and outcomes while advancing community health.
Strategic Pillars and Goals
The NYGH People-Centred Care Strategy consists of two strategic pillars and their accompanying goals:
Enhance a Culture of People-Centred Care
- Deepen the culture of People-Centred Care to the front line.
- Extend our reach to the community and other key stakeholders.
- Build a people-centric measurement system to drive innovation and improvement.
Transform the NYGH Service Experience
- Hard wire co-design as a core change method.
- Focus on health services innovation from the patient's perspective.
- Measure service experience of external stakeholders.
Building on our expertise in working with patients and families, embracing People-Centred Care at NYGH will allow our organization to thrive in the future by providing outstanding care experiences and outcomes while improving the health and wellness of North York.