Led by Karyn Popovich, Vice President, Clinical Programs, Quality and Risk, Chief Nursing Executive, nurses at North York General Hospital are supported by a strong nursing leadership team consisting of clinical team managers, program directors, clinical nurse educators, nursing coordinators, nurse clinicians and advanced practice nurses and nurse practitioners.
North York General has:
- Acute care, transitional care, a long-term care home and ambulatory care services across three sites
- Nearly 400,000 ambulatory visits annually
- A large critical care unit
- An emergency department with an urgent care centre across two sites with more than 113,000 emergency and urgent care visits
- Over 1,000 nursing staff
- More than 1,100 nursing students completing their clinical placements annually
To lead the pursuit of excellence in nursing practice in learning, innovation and partnerships
Academic Community Hospital Leaders in Nursing – Translating Knowledge into Practical Protocols in Patient- and Family-Centred Care
We transform nursing practice through knowledge to provide patient- and family-centred care.
We provide competent, compassionate, collaborative care to patients and their families through a commitment in patient care, education and research.
Nursing's Strategic Priorities/Goals
- Increase the number of nurses holding adjunct faculty status
- Develop innovative nursing recruitment and retention strategies
- Offer leadership development, learning opportunities and professional development for nursing and interprofessional education and care
- Create a dynamic, high quality practice environment
- Foster high staff and patient satisfaction
- Create a spirit of inquiry and partnering effectively across the patient continuum and with our union stakeholders