- To make a request for access to general records of the hospital
- To request personal information about yourself
- To request a correction to your personal information
If you have any questions about the access or correction request process, please contact our Freedom of Information and Privacy Office by phone at (416) 756-6448 or by emailing: email@example.com.
Completed forms should be sent to:
Freedom of Information and Privacy Office
North York General Hospital
4001 Leslie Street 1W-Rm 118
Toronto ON M2K 1E1
Please include a cheque or money order in the amount of $5 payable to North York General Hospital. You may pay by credit card by completing the required information on the second page of the form. Please do not mail cash.
FIPPA sets out rules for protecting the privacy of personal information held by the hospital. Personal information may only be collected where there is authority to do so and steps must be taken to ensure it is accurate. Once collected, personal information must be protected from unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
NYGH may only use your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected, a consistent purpose, or with your consent. Personal information has to be kept for a minimum of one year and it may only be disposed of in a secure manner.
Your personal information may be disclosed to others with your consent, or without your consent in the following circumstances:
- To respond to an appeal to the Information and Privacy Commissioner/Ontario
- For the purpose for which the hospital collected the information or for a consistent purpose
- To hospital staff who need the information to perform their duties
- To comply with the law
- To cooperate with a law enforcement agency in Canada conducting an investigation
- To inform another in compelling circumstances affecting an individual's health or safety
- To make contact with next of kin or friend of an ill, injured or deceased person
- To audit a program that is cost shared with the federal or provincial government
If you have any questions about the hospital’s collection, use and disclosure practices, please contact NYGH’s Freedom of Information and Privacy Office by phone at: 416-756-6448 or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org