Our specialized interprofessional team provides a practical education and exercise program for care partners and patients with Parkinson's in the community. One individual consultation is provided prior to attending the group program.
Begins: April 12, 2017 (every Wednesday for eight (8) sessions)
Time: 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Where: North York General Hospital's Seniors’ Health Centre, 2 Buchan Court, north entrance
(1 traffic light east of Leslie, north of Sheppard Ave.)
How to register: Call 416-756-6050 ext. 8031
- Understanding the symptoms and medical treatment of Parkinson’s disease
- Managing daily activities
- Improving speech and nutrition
- Fall prevention and gait training
- Coping strategies and community resources
Weekly exercises and movement strategies.